Monday, November 19, 2007

Hiking!

For the past two weeks we have gone hiking on Saturday with some students. It gives us a chance to get to know them more personally and build friendships with them.
The first week there were 13 of us. It was quite a large group. We are learning they tend to bring friends with them!! We hiked near school both times.

The second time there were only 6 hikers! Each time brought new experiences, conversations, and sights to see.
I am sure they are more than any of us think or know. Only time will tell!! So keep thinking about us!

1 comment:

Chucky-D said...

Envy. Longing. Especially this time of year. I backpacked for a week up on Mt Rainier each September as a personal cleansing and restorative retreat for 13 years. Certainly not a group hike, it was much more of a solitude thing at that time of year. Since moving to North Carolina 3 years ago, my feet have deteriorated to some autoimmune pain connective tissue thing requiring me to take Prednisone and Celebrex. I also had a skin biopsy come back a benign "age spot"! I really miss my "younger days" of hiking.

Hike, and hike, and hike, and hike your beautiful young heart out, Sarah!