Friday, September 7, 2007

TEACHING!

Teaching is EXTREMELY different here! The students are very quiet and shy-like around teachers, especially Americans. Coming from my classes in the states where everyone is constantly out of seats or even in HS the constant chatter. It does not happen here. It is almost as thought they hang on every word!! I have met with all my classes once at this time. I am teaching all 2nd year students. I have 6 Culture Classes and 2 Oral English Classes. Each lasts 2hrs (actually 50 min, 10 min break, and 50 min). Some will be great classes and some I fear it will be like pulling teeth to get them to participate!! I am excited about both classes but I feel I will be able to do more with my Culture classes than my Oral classes.
We shall see only time will tell!!
Now it is time to get ready for game night tonight with Jessi, Brittany, and Rusty!

4 comments:

Mom said...

What a wonderful and exciting time for you!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. It sounds like an amazing experience. Things at Montlieu are off to an interesting start. We have started to see 2 of the 4 new teachers that are coming due to large class sizes. Be sure to keep us posted on your students. I love hearing about it all. Be strong.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chucky-D said...

Your teaching is foremost on my mind. Enjoy your time in the classroom.