Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas

I spent 6 hours on a bus Friday afternoon, heading to Wuhan for Christmas. Once Heather and I returned to her apartment she gave a me Christmas gifts! I had told her I needed to buy some winter clothes since I did not bring many with me. Heather bought me a few clothing items and I tried them all on, layer upon layer. Of course we took pictures!
Sunday I attended a Three Self Church in Wuhan. It was incredible to worship with so many different people. I have never seen so many Africans and Indians together in China with a common purpose! The room in the church was packed! We sang in English, Chinese, and French! It was quite an experience, an unforgettable one!
Christmas Eve we had a dinner at Matt and Caitlin's with some friends. We cooked all day Saturday for the feast. We enjoyed the feast and fellowship with each other. After dinner we had various conversations and dessert! Following desert, those of us that remained watched A Charlie Brown Christmas and read out of the Good Book what the movie quoted. It was great!! We ended the night with National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and cleanup!
Christmas day I travelled that 6 hour bus trip home. We had our own Christmas party with our friends and students! They were so excited with everything we did. We ate some Western food (mashed potatoes and spaghetti) and played the Dirty Santa game. They had a lot of fun and really got into it. We had a few small gifts for them and Melody made each of us a scarf for Christmas.
It wasn't quite and American Christmas but it was still pretty good!! I miss all of you!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Sarah! It sounds to be a good Christmas for you, and I'm glad you got to worship with friends for this memorable time. I wish for you to be blessed this New Year, and for 2008 to be a great, accomplished year for you. Stay safe, enjoy your company, and a big hug from my family!

Charles

Mom said...

We miss you too.
Sue