Tuesday, May 20, 2008

NO MORE COMPUTER

I have no more laptop. My computer has decided not to work anymore leaving me feeling cut off from the world. A few days ago the screen started to randomly go black. I emailed Glenn about it a little too late. This morning the screen went black and I restarted only this time it would not restart. I used Jessi's computer to call Glenn to see if he had any solutions. There was nothing to do but call tech support. I call using Jessi's computer and they said I had three options after we tried some possible "solutions".
1-Take it to an authorized HP dealer in China and pay for the repairs.
2-Mail it to a family memeber to send in to HP in the states.
3-They extend my warranty only to correct this problem and I send it in when I get home to America.
1-I have little money and time to travel to take my computer to Beijing, Shanghai, or HongKong. As well as the time I would need to reschedule more classes which I cannot do after my dental disasters"
2-There is no way I am putting my valuable computer in the mail in China to the states. Not gonna happen.
3-I am without my laptop until they fix it when I come back, but I don't have to pay (I hope).

SO choice number 3 has been my decision. I will try to get the school's "Chinese" computer in my apartment up and running. Until then my time online will probably be sporatic and rare. Not only does this take away some entertainment and communication, but also my access to photos, vidoes, and other documents I have on my computer including lesson plans and grades.
This is turning out to be a sad day. Frustration has begun to set in, though I am trying my best to not let it get me. :(
I am ready to come home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Satan always has a way to screw things up. Sorry for you about this. It won't keep me from thinking about and praying for you, though. Hwang in there!

Charles